Midnight Rainbow of McLaren Vale Petite Sirah
2020 Petite Sirah, McLaren Vale, South Australia
Midnight Rainbow is our most mysterious McLaren Vale vineyard – Firehawk Farm's deepest darkest noir night sky…
The Midnight Rainbow Petite Sirah is part of our Firehawk Farm, a single biodynamically run vineyard perched atop an ancient ridge overlooking McLaren Vale, the Willunga Escarpment and the Gulf of St Vincent. Firehawk is our Native Bird of Prey that soars over our vineyards; acting as scarecrows to other birds, rabbits and the like that eat ripening grapes.
The vineyard is handpicked by family and friends in mid-March. We gently crushed the fruit into top fermenters. After 10 days of fermentation, the wine was basket pressed into French oak barrels, a third new and the balance seasoned. This was followed by 18 months maturation with minimal winemaking artefact before bottling, to capture the essence of the vineyard. This wine captures all the colours and intensity of a rainbow in the night. This wine will reward cellaring and decanting.
- Melbourne International Wine Competition 2023 – Double Gold Medal 96 Points
- Halliday Wine Companion, Ned Goodwin (June 2023) – 94 Points, Silver
- Melbourne International Wine Competition 2022 – 93 Points, Silver Medal
- 2022 Sommelier Challenge IWSC San Diego – Silver
- Robert Parker Wine Advocate, Erin Larkin – 90 points
You May Also Like
Five Red Star Winery
The Wonder Room
Come and join us for a tasting and discover the wonder of the Wonder Room at Dandelion Vineyards