Faraway Tree of McLaren Vale Grenache
2022 Grenache, McLaren Vale, South Australia
The Faraway Tree Grenache is Dandelion's portal to alternate reality of McLaren Vale Grenache..
The Faraway Tree of McLaren Vale Grenache is a part of our Firehawk Farm, a single biodynamically run vineyard perched atop an ancient ridge overlooking McLaren Vale the Willunga escarpment and the Gulf St Vincent. Firehawk is our Native Bird of Prey that soars over our vineyards; acting as scarecrow to other birds, rabbits and the like that eat ripening grapes.
Selected bunches were handpicked by family and friends in early March. We gently crushed half of the fruit over whole bunches into open top fermenters. After 10 days of fermentation the wine was basket pressed into French oak barrels, a third new and the balance seasoned. This was followed by 12 months maturation with minimal winemaking artefact before bottling, to capture the essence of the vineyard. The wine will reward cellaring and decanting.
- Woman Wine & Spirit Awards 2024- Double Gold
- China Wine & Spirit Awards 2023 – Gold
- The Real Review, Aaron Brasher (Dec 2023) – 96 Points, Gold, #4 of 44 2022 Grenache from McLaren Vale.
- Wine Pilot (Jan 2024) – 96 Points
- 2023 Decanter World Wine Awards – Silver 91 Points
- 2023 AWC Vienna Wine Challenge – Silver
You May Also Like
Five Red Star Winery
The Wonder Room
Come and join us for a tasting and discover the wonder of the Wonder Room at Dandelion Vineyards