During warm summer days nothing hits the spot like a nice crisp white wine and seafood.
Our Wishing Clock Sauvignon Blanc, paired with these shrimp tacos is a perfect summer combination.
1. Wash, peel, devein and dry raw shrimp and season with salt.
2. In a bowl, combine honey, lime juice, Sauvignon Blanc, onion, cumin, and chipotle powder. Mix well and toss the shrimp until well coated. Leave in the refrigerator to marinade for about 30 minutes.
3. Heat the grill to 200ºC. Put the shrimp on the skewers. Grill about two minutes per side until they are bright orange.
4. Dice the avocados and squeeze the remaining lime.
5. To make the slaw, put the lime juice, mustard, salt, pepper and oil into a mixing bowl and whisk to emulsify, or use a food processor. Toss the dressing with the red cabbage and set aside.
5. To make the Chipotle Cream mix together ingredients as above.
6. Grill the tortillas. Place avocado, then the cabbage slaw topped with the grilled shrimp. drizzle with the chipotle cream and garnish with a lime.
(adapted from Tartine and Apron Strings)